Well, this was a heck of a year, wasn’t it??? Natural disasters, man-made nightmares, a presidential election . . . phew, I’m worn out from it all. It’s time to move on, pack up the holiday decorations, clear out the cobwebs and start fresh again.
I’m sure I’ve mentioned this a time or two (note to self, add “stop whining” to resolution list) – but the whole stay-at-home-mom and pregnant-again thing pretty much had me whooped all year long. The past year felt mostly like a blur of dirty diapers and crying babies and sleep deprivation headaches. But there were lots of good times, too! It seems I reserved the blogging of those things for my other site. I’ll have to work on upping the Happy on this site in 2013 – unless you, like me, think that recipes for sugar-laden treats are happy enough to counterbalance a bit of blog-whining?
At any rate, I did manage to post 12 times in 2012, and you people – amazingly – keep on stopping by! Over 15,000 of you this year, in fact. More than 200 of you stopped by on a single day in March just to check out my Graham Cracker Sandwiches (they were gooooood). But the top post again this year was Mint Infused Simple Syrup, which makes me long for warm summer days and ice-cold mojitos. You, too? Of course, the posts on Chocolate Modeling Clay (parts one, two and three) were not far out of the top spot again – who doesn’t love chocolate that you can play with? The Medora post is always on the list, oddly enough, and the top five is once again rounded out with Ribbon Shortbread Cookies and Chocolate Cookie Cupcakes. I can’t argue with your taste, those are all my favorites as well.
The scary words toned down a bit this year – perhaps because fewer zany posts on my end mean fewer keyword matches on yours? Hard to say. There were, however, a few worth noting from the past year:
- “rocky road biscuits with white chocolate without nuts” – this is a person who knows EXACTLY what they want. Rocky Road. No nuts. With white chocolate. Which is just a marshmallow shy of not being Rocky Road at all.
- “chaos cupcake” – if someone out there can turn chaos into a cupcake, they should try bottling up happiness for sale, too!
- “who doesn’t like pie” – a valid question, indeed.
- “shortbread cookie dough attacking a rolling pin” – for the baker who has a stop-motion animation hobby?
- “image of teenage dream cake snacks” – I’m too old to even translate this search request.
- “chocolate toast with corn” – only if it’s candy corn.
- “scary word for taco dinner” – the only scary words I associate with a taco dinner are “all” and “gone”.
So, a hearty THANK YOU to all of you who continue to stop by C&T, and especially to those of you who give me a giggle with the things you are searching for. I can’t promise there will be more posts in 2013 than there were in 2012, but I hold out hope that someday soon I’ll be back here on a more regular basis! In the meantime, I hope you’ll come over and follow me on Instagram (user name @trufflesteph) – where I manage to post food things, fun things and kid things on a fairly regular basis.
I’m off to have a baby now – but I wish you all the happiest of new years, the freshest of starts, and much peace, joy, and love in the days, weeks, and months ahead.